13 május 2019

EN || "Female fans still want to marry me" - birthday interview with Alexander Rybak in the Ukrainian Komsomolskaya Pravda, 13.05.2019

Eurovision-2009 winner Alexander Rybak: "Female fans still want to marry me" - a  birthday interview, 13.05.2019

The actor turns 33 years old May 13th || Photo: Instagram
Author: Igor KipryanovPublished: on kp.ua | 13.5.2019 | Translated by Mónika Menyhért || ➡MAGYARUL По русски
Exactly ten years ago, Alexander Rybak won the Eurovision Song Contest with the romantic song "Fairytale". Then the singer scored a record of 387 points in the contest.
Eurovision-2019 starts on May 14th, so it was interesting for us to talk with the Norwegian musician of Belarusian origin about the current highlights of the "Euroshow". Another good reason for our conversation is a birthday: on May 13th, Alexander turns 33 years old.

- Alexander, how do you celebrate your 33rd anniversary?
- The last two years I have had health issues (the doctors diagnosed the singer with overwork - ed. note), so I didn’t make big parties. Last year, the Eurovision final fell on the night of May 12th to 13th. And right after the final, the whole delegation, friends and family went to a small party in honor of my birthday. It was nice that so many people from different countries came to congratulate me.

Of course, in social networks I get a lot of greetings from all over the world, innovative and creative ones. This year for the first time I have the strength to celebrate my birthday! 
But only ... without sugar (smiles).

- Is there something you lack to be completely happy?
- Strength and patience!

- You can play the violin and piano. What other musical instrument would you like to learn?

- Right now I'm learning to play the guitar. Every day I improvise at home with jazz-style songs on all instruments. I actually like to grow. This is my way! I love to look for something new, improve, experiment and execute ideas.

- Can you be called an active user of social networks? What is the most frequently asked question to you on Instagram?
- Fans still want to marry me. This, of course, is a great compliment. Although everyone will soon realize how much I like to be alone by myself.
In 2009, Alexander received the Eurovision trophy:
a crystal microphone || Photo: Instagram
- They say musicians are very vulnerable people. Is it easy to hurt or to make you angry?
- Yes, it's true. If vulnerable, then it means "spoiled". But I am very well raised. If I get hurt, then I will definitely not complain.

- In Instagram you announced a new single. Tell us about this song.
- I am glad that I do not depend on big companies or rich producers. I record songs in my studio in Oslo, work with the best musicians in Europe. I release 2-3 clips a year for my fans. They love when I surprise them with music in different genres. "I’m Still Here" is a ballad that I dedicated to all my loyal fans who have supported me for 10 years since the victory of "Fairytale".

And so I can also add that this week the number of my subscribers on YouTube reached 600 thousand, the music video "Kotik" passed the 100 million views mark, as well as "Fairytale". A new musical will be made based on my book "Trolle". I am very happy about it! And in the Eurovision final, I will present the votes from Norway and smiling wave the Norwegian flag!

"Lazarev is a real artist"

- Did you listen to the songs of the participants of Eurovision-2019? Can you highlight someone from the contestants?
- This year the competition has a lot of good songs and artists. I can pick out Sergey Lazarev, he has an emotional song. He is a real artist. In 2019, we need real artists.

- Last year, nine years after the victory, you took part in Eurovision. What do you think, how has the contest changed?
- For the better. Last year I had health problems. When I was told that I had won the semi-final, I did not even have the strength to smile. I used all my power for the performance, even though during Eurovision one should enjoy everything - the excitement around the competition, meetings, various events. But I am sure that I will come back when I manage to fix my health problems.

To set the record straight..

- In one of the interviews you said that you are trying to relax alone. Do you manage to do that often? After all, in your profession you have to deal with a large number of people.
- My best talent in life is to say No. I am often invited to interviews, shows, corporate parties and concerts, but I rarely accept. In case of an approval, I devote myself to the viewers and to my audience to 100%. Therefore, I very seldom disappoint people.

I relax when I watch movies in my apartment in Oslo.



Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése