17 július 2020

Alexander Rybak was close to relapse: Saved by a blog - (Video)interview to vg.no, NRK and SE&HøR, 17.7.2020

SINGING ABOUT MARTINE: In a new song, Alexander Rybak
 pays tribute to blogger Martine Røsten Aune. - "This girl is magical.
She is like taken out of a fairy tale, he sings in the song Magic".
 Photo: Scanpix / Private

"It's been a long time since I have enjoyed music as much as I do now"


Author: Jørn Pettersen | Published on vg.no No |17.7.2020 | Translated by Mónika Menyhért

After being addicted to sleeping pills and antidepressants for 11 years, Alexander Rybak (34) was well on his way to rehabilitation. But in May he met the wall and was back at full speed.

Then he came across the blog of Martine Røsten Aune (24).
- It was the rescue for me, says Alexander Rybak to VG.
Now he pays tribute to Martine Røsten Aune with the song "Magic" which he launches on Friday.

"The girl is magic," he sings in the song. For Rybak, Martine is "like taken out of a fairy tale", "everything she says is magical" and "all his problems are gone".

- The whole song is about Martine. I am fascinated by her thoughts and motivation force, says Alexander Rybak.

                      ****                    
             Listen to the song on --> Spotify                        

In early June, Rybak wrote to all his followers on both Facebook and Instagram that he has "lived with a secret".

"For 11 years I have been addicted to sleeping pills and antidepressants. It started harmlessly, but in the end it was close to ruining my life ", wrote the 34-year-old.

But then he did not mention Martine Røsten Aune, her blog and that it saved him from a relapse.

- Her blog has saved the whole upswing for me. It's about a lot of crap, yes. But it is still an uplifting blog. There is a lot that is common in many disorders and it is about dealing with depression. It is in many ways a blog that is about women's problems, but there are many other symptoms she describes that I recognize in myself and I still read a chapter of her blog every evening, says Alexander Rybak.

The two were also interviewed by NRK (with English subs)

Rybak says that until the month of May he had worked on his problems, been determined and experienced that now everything went the right way.
- I felt healthy and started living normally. But in May everything came back, everything was useless. I started taking sleeping pills again. It is when you have the worst in your body that makes you begin to doubt everything you have learned, says Alexander Rybak to VG.

Røsten Aune is happy that Rybak has found solace in her blog, and that he has now written a song about her.
- It is very fun to get your own song in this way. We have met a few times and have become good friends. He is a nice person who is nice to be with. I think it is tough what Alexander told the media about what he has done now. After all, he is a public figure, says Martine Røsten Aune to VG.

She studies social anthropology at the University of Oslo, grew up in Råholt and Lillehammer.
- I think there is something down-to-earth between the two of us. It has been fun exploring each other's travels. I would like to have her as a coach for me, says Alexander Rybak for his part.

INSPIRED RYBAK: Martine Rusten Aune's blog was
 the rescue for Alexander Rybak |  Photo: Private

Martine Røsten Aune says that she writes a lot about the female disease endometriosis in her blog and the challenges of living with a disease where there is a limited treatment available.

- It is a painful disease that can affect fertility, digestion, sex life and cause big pain. It is a disease that also challanges you mentally. Besides, it's a lot about feelings about being sick. But Alexander is not the first man who has contacted me and who recognizes in himself what I write about, even if you do not have a uterus, says Martine.

It was in 2009 that Rybak enchanted the whole world and secured Norway the victory in the Eurovision Song Contest. Since then, he has lived well on the winning song "Fairytale".

- Both in the soul and in the wallet. But at the same time: The more I managed to say no, the bigger the adventure became for me. In 2009, I often held two concerts a day, says Rybak.
Martine's Instagram post
"This is really quite special. Thank you @rybakofficial,
and thank you for sharing your great music
 in addition to your story about mental health.
It is very important."

"Magic" is a special song for him in many ways - not just because of Martine.

- It is the first song I have made myself, here in my small studio at home in the apartment. The corona-time has taught me to think innovatively and I can no longer afford to have the best and most expensive producers. "Magic" will also be launched internationally. Through the internet, I have fans all over the world. It's been a long time since I have enjoyed music as much as I do now, says Alexander Rybak.

***
An excerpt of another interview on seher.no | published 6.9.2020
The paper issue published on 11.08.2020


It was Martine's openness about how it is possible to tackle the body's signs that ignited the spark in Alexander.

A card
- It was overwhelming, quite surrealistic. Just imagine, that was going to happen to me!
- How did you find out about the song?
- We met. Alexander gave me a card with a very personal, hand written greeting. That was followed by a memory card, and on it was the song "Magic". This was before the song was released.
- How did you and Alexander first get in touch?
- It was on Instagram. We talked a little in several social channels, and he told how strong impression my blog made on him.
On tour: Alexander and Martine have close contact. 
Recently they went on tour together with Milla, 
the dog of Martine's family.
On scene
Martine says that she and Alexander have met several times. He invited her to "Allsang på grensen" on TV2 in July, where he performed "Magic" for the first time.
- It was special to hear him sing about me on scene in front of such a big audience ...
Martine smiles and looks warmly. It makes it natural to ask if the two are a couple.

Means a lot
- He is a special person in my life. Alexander means incredibly much to me. I do not want anything more in terms of energy and that we both benefit from keeping our feet on the ground.
- Are you single?
- Ha-ha, you can ponder that! It is just my marital status what I'll probably want to keep a little private. But there is a lot of "Magic" in this world."


The translator of these articles is not native either in the Norwegian or the English language, so any correction is welcomed and appreciated.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése