13 július 2020

"I'm not the type to go crazy" - Interview with Alexander Rybak in Dagsavisen, 27.6.2016

4 years ago, Alexander celebrated his 10-year-anniversary as an artist with his "Entertainer" summershow with his dancer and singer colleagues Heidi Ruud Ellingsen and Sofie Bjerketvedt, in 5 shows, on the 6th, 13th,15th and 20th-22th July 2016 in Bølgen Kulturhus, Larvik, Norway.
He was also interviewed on this occasion in Dagsavisen. NO

Author: Espen H. Rusdal | Published: June 27th 2016 

(Translated by Mónika Menyhért who is not native either in the Norwegian or the English language, so any correction is welcomed and appreciated.)

Alexander Rybak | Instagram

Rybak: - I'm ashamed because I'm not really the type to go crazy, says the artist who celebrates anniversary


Name in the news
Who: Alexander Rybak (30)
What: Musician and artist.
Why: Celebrates ten years anniversary as an artist with a great tour.

Ten years as an entertainer? You've been an artist and musician longer than that?
- I have been a musician almost for my entire life, since I wrote notes at the age of three. But I didn't feel like an entertainer at first when I got to be a jokester with Dan Børge in Kjempesjansen, yes, I even won it. Right after that there was "Fiddler on the Roof" and the Hedda Award, and since then I have been an entertainer on stage.

Now you have a new song ready for radio. So did you get back to the pop career?
- That's what's great about entertainers - we should get a better Norwegian word for it. "Entertainer" sounds strange, we can play on the versatility and not dig into a genre. Plus, when you have such a nice lady as Julie, you should make a song, without any further plans for world domination to top all the sales lists.

You are on the way, going on tour with "Entertainer". Tell us about the show.
- On the way in and out. I have now decided on Larvik and Bolgen Kulturhus, since it is so beautiful there. And then I know that in the summer, Larvik is full of fun-loving people, who enjoy entertainment filled with music, humor and good atmosphere. I just hope that someone is so fond of me that they want to celebrate my 10th anniversary with me and the girls. Heidi and Sofie also became known through talent competitions.

                   His Facebook-post from a rehearsal in June                     

Which book has meant the most to you?
- Everything from Astrid Lindgren! She was also the inspiration for my own book with music inside, "Trolle and the Magic Violin".

What makes you happy?
- Peace and quiet. The stupidest thing to do is not to take advantage of the experience gained after all the traveling. I know I'm at my best when I get the long rest I need, so I say No to many requests and get plenty of rest.

Who was your childhood hero?
- Michael Jackson. "I do as best I can" was a goal for him, not an excuse.

What do you dislike most about yourself?
- I am very little spontaneous, everything should be rehearsed to the smallest detail. Therefore, I have to say No to host jobs all the time. But it's nice to know your limitations, because then you become even more effective at what you can do.

What do you do when you go crazy?
- Then I'm ashamed. Because I'm not really the type to go crazy unless I buy "Game of Thrones" on Blu-ray and book trips to Disneyworld.

What are you willing to go on a protest march against?
- Life is too short to be against. Much better to be for. I had wanted a little higher education in the entertainment industry. People often give me a hard time just because I know the name of too many notes and chords. "It's not healthy for you," "they" say.

Is there anything you regret?
- Absolutely. But not when I've slept out.

Who would you preferably get stuck in the elevator with?
- Dennis Storhøi. We are very good friends and often do projects together. But we are so busy that we never get to talk properly. So a broken elevator would do the trick for us.
***
        .... and another post of him before the last show:     
                                    

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése